The Covid-19 Vaccination Programme is being organised centrally by the South Cotswold Primary Care Network (PCN). All five GP practices in the area are working together to deliver this programme with clinics currently being held at Cirencester Hospital.
Vaccinations commenced on 22nd December 2020 to the Phase 1 priority patient groups (listed below) in priority order, and further clinics are currently being organised weekly based on confirmation of vaccine delivery. The recently approved Oxford AstraZenica vaccine for the time being has to be administered centrally at Cirencester Hospital and not at the practice due to licensing restrictions.
All patients are being telephoned by their GP practice in priority order to book their appointments and this is likely to continue for the foreseeable future as we all work through our lists. Housebound patient vaccinations are being organised centrally by Gloucestershire Health & Care NHS Foundation Trust and further details will follow shortly on their rollout and delivery.
We please request that you do not telephone the surgery to enquire about your vaccination as this programme is ongoing and everyone will be contacted in due course. All vaccines that we have received have been administered and we will continue to call patients as quickly as we can. The surgery is also providing staff to work in these central clinics which has an impact on staffing within the surgery, so please do be patient as we are under considerable pressure at this time.
Vaccine priority groups in Phase 1
- Residents in a care home for older adults and their carers
- All those 80 years of age and over and frontline health and social care workers
- All those 75 years of age and over
- All those 70 years of age and over and clinically extremely vulnerable individuals
- All those 65 years of age and over
- All individuals aged 16 years to 64 years with underlying health conditions which put them at higher risk of serious disease and mortality
- All those 60 years of age and over
- All those 55 years of age and over
- All those 50 years of age and over.
Volunteers – should you wish to volunteer as a marshall or data input clerk at the Cirencester Hospital clinics, please email the Primary Care Network Business Manager (email@example.com) for further information.
Further information on the national Covid-19 vaccination programme can be found at: www.nhs.uk/conditions/coronavirus-covid-19/coronavirus-vaccination