We are a Dispensing practice, which means that we can dispense medicines directly from the surgery to patients who live more than a mile from a retail Pharmacist. This effectively means that we are able to dispense to those patients who live in the villages outside Fairford or Lechlade.
The Fairford retail pharmacist (Boots) collects prescriptions from the practice each morning.
How to order Repeat Medication
When you receive a prescription, attached to it there will be a list of your repeat medication, along with details of how to request further 'repeat drugs'. Please allow two working days for your request to be processed by the Surgery. In line with local NHS policy, a supply of 28 days will be issued at a time. Please note, if you collect your medication from the Surgery it will be ready to collect two working days from when you requested it. However, if you collect your medication elsewhere, you need to allow time for them to process the prescription as well as the two working days required by the Surgery.
* If you live in Fairford and you regularly collect your medication directly from the Fairford Chemist please tell us when you send your request to the practice (eg write ‘chemist’ on the slip) and we will arrange for your prescription to be sent to the Fairford Chemist.
* NOTE: Hilary Cottage Surgery offers the NHS Electronic Prescription Service. Please see the Electronic Prescriptions Service Tab at the top of this screen for further information.
Please try to use one of the following methods:
- Click on the above weblink to order online (you will need to be registered for this service - please ask at reception - to satisfy data protection requirements you will be asked to supply photographic ID before we can issue you your secure user name & password).
- Tick the items you need on your repeat slip and drop the slip into the practice or post it
- Send your request by Fax to 01285 713084
- “Same again please” system for Dispensing Patients – request next month’s medication when you collect this month’s medication. Non-Dispensing patients can arrange with the Chemist to request repeat prescriptions on their behalf.
However if you ask for a drug which is not on repeat prescription:
Please allow three days as your request will need to be passed to your GP as a prescription query - who will need to check your notes etc before issuing a prescription. You can not order medication that is not on repeat online.
If you are on several regular drugs and have to pay prescription charges, it may be better for you to buy a pre-payment certificate ("season ticket") – please ask at the Dispensary.
Payment - the Dispensary accepts credit/debit cards. Cheques are made payable to "Hilary Cottage Surgery".
Please allow 48 hours, excluding weekends and Bank Holidays, for your request to be processed. If you request medication which is not on your repeat re-order slip, this could take longer than 48 hours as the query will be passed to your GP.
DRUG DELIVERY SERVICE
The Friends of Fairford & Lechlade Communities Charity run a drug delivery service for elderly patients living more than two miles from the practice, whose medication is dispensed by the practice.
MEDICINES AWAY FROM HOME
If you run out of your medication when you are on holiday or while you are away from home, there are a few ways you can get an emergency supply - please click here for further details.