The Managing Memory 2gether Information and Education service is now a countywide service. They are based within the Gloucestershire Memory Assessment Service and can offer information and education to people worried about memory, people with dementia and carers of people with dementia. People who have previously used their service (in Gloucester, Cirencester and Cheltenham) have stated that they:
- Know who to contact for help
- Feel more confident about asking for help from doctors and other services
- Have been able to meet other people with similar problems
- Feel more able to talk about memory problems or dementia
- Have accessed home care, claimed benefits or joined other groups.
Starting in January 2011 there is a new programme of free information sessions. These include a session for people worried about memory, sessions for people with dementia and their carers to attend and sessions that are specifically aimed to support carers who are caring for someone with dementia. Sessions will take place in various locations across Gloucestershire. Click on the following link for more details about the sessions. Managing Memory 2gether
Patients can self refer or can be referred by their GP or any health or social care professional.